1. Start by protecting the polystyrene ring with brown tissue paper. Roughly minimize the tissue into 3cm lengthy strips, after which into rectangles about one inch lengthy. Make up a watery PVA glue combine, utilizing two components glue to at least one half water. Working in sections one by one, apply the glue utilizing a large flat brush to higher facet of the ring. Repair one piece of tissue at a time protecting it with extra glue. Overlap the tissue to make a random sample.
2. Return over the ready floor making use of one other rectangle of tissue to all of the lighter brown areas protecting the polystyrene utterly. When dry, flip the ring over and repeat the method on the underside. Enable to dry in a single day.
three. Use a Circut reducing machine and the Design Area software program (you could possibly hand or die-cut leaves for those who favor), minimize three totally different leaf shapes in three totally different sizes. Lower roughly 9 of every sized leaf from white watercolour paper, placing the leaves into piles by sort as they’re minimize.
four. Ink every leaf sort utilizing three totally different inking processes. With the primary set of leaves, use a mixing approach. This technique works nicely when utilizing the Tim Holtz Misery Inks, slightly than the Oxides. Select three colors and have them at hand in your non-porous craft mat/sheet. Utilizing a separate mixing software and sponge for every color, start by making use of the primary colored ink to small areas on a number of the leaves, then mix in a second color to those leaves at a special location in your craft sheet – it will keep away from contaminating the inks on the blender software.
5. Mix in a 3rd colored ink to complete protecting the leaves. Create a watery impact by flicking water onto the inked leaves utilizing an extended bristled brush. Go away the water droplets for a few seconds earlier than dabbing as soon as with a clear piece of paper towel.
6. Subsequent, it’s time to set to work on the second leaf sort, utilizing the drag and drop approach to color them. To start out, stamp extra of the three misery inks (beforehand utilized in step 4 and 5) on the craft mat/sheet, then spray with a few spritzes from a advantageous water mister. Begin to drag a maple leaf by way of one colored ink at a time, this may be achieved greater than as soon as with a view to get an excellent protecting. Enable to dry, or velocity up the processes with a warmth software. Drop the inked leaf straight down right into a second color selecting up just a few random spots of ink. Dry and repeat with the third colored ink. Set the leaves apart for later.
7. It’s then time to wipe your craft mat/sheet clear. The third and remaining set of leaves can now be labored utilizing the direct to paper approach. The three Tim Holtz Misery Oxide inks can be utilized for this course of. In separate locations on a craft sheet/mat, apply the Oxide ink straight onto the leaf. Once more work just a few at a time selecting totally different sizes for various colors.
Prime Tip – Maintain the half inked leaves with a scrap piece of paper to stop leaving any finger marks within the ink. Misery Oxides take slightly longer to the touch dry as a result of fusion of pigment ink.
eight. When the Oxide ink is sort of dry, spray with a advantageous mist of water to oxidise. Enable to dry, or velocity up the method with a warmth software. Subsequent, apply water droplets from the lengthy bristled brush to create a splashed watery sample. Go away to dry.
9. Stamp extra Misery Oxide ink onto the craft sheet/mat prepared to make use of on the leaves as soon as extra. Repeat the drop approach once more build up layers of colored marks making a layered impact. Attempt to cowl the entire leaf leaving no white paper exhibiting. Use extra water droplets to create the oxide impact.
Prime Tip – All the time dry every inked layer earlier than including a special color.
10. Repeat these three inking methods till all the leaves have been labored with color. In order that no ink is wasted, spray any leftover ink in your craft mat/sheet with a water spritzer to create a wash that may be rapidly utilized onto the reverse facet of every leaf. This simply tints the leaf backs to cover the white paper.
11. So as to add a contact of additional ornament and luxurious to the leaves, use small quantity s of gold gilding polish. Apply utilizing a finger, and stroke the polish to every leaf across the edges. The oak leaves look nice with slightly extra gold utilized over the floor.
12. When utterly dry, form every leaf utilizing a ball software and mat.
13. The leaves are actually able to be fastened into place onto the wreath ring! Type them into their totally different teams to make them simpler to search out. Apply dabs of cheesy glue to position the leaves randomly, and barely overlapping one another. Work the highest face first.
14. Fill the internal floor with extra leaves, after which add them to the periphery.
15. Go away to dry earlier than hanging in delight of place.